If you are a fan of inshore flats fishing, the history of Key West native William Henry “Willy” Roberts and his flats skiffs are stuff of legend. Having built beautiful all wooden skiffs and then making the transition to fiberglass in the 1960’s, it is pretty safe to say that the Willy Roberts line of boats have a process for boatbuilding in place that is as rock solid as you’d expect with this many skiff builds under their belt.
With such a well defined process, Willy Boats are perfectly poised to introduce their new Signature series, a delicious set of options featuring gorgeous wooden accents reminiscent of the craftsmanship found in those beautiful wooden Willy skiffs of a past era.
This committment to craftsmenship in an era of super mass production fabrication is inspired. The wooden features allow default choices of Sapele / Mahogany or Teak (with additional species available upon request).
The Signature edition features:
- Wood toe rails
- Wood poling platform trim
- Wood louvered forward bulkhead door
- Wood rod locker trim
- Mono-white rub rail
- Outboard paint to color-of-choice
- Vintage controls and Palm Beach lever
- Poling tower powder coat to color-of-choice
- WR Signature chair / rocket launcher
- WR Signature console in wood or glass, with integrated tackle drawers and rod holders
The Signature edition is available on the 17 ′ and 20 ′ Willy Classic models.
17 ′ Willy Classic Specifications:
- LOA: 17 ‘6
- Beam: 6 ”6”
- Draft: 5 ”- 6”
- Weight (Appx Dry): 720 lbs
- Fuel: 29 Gallons
- Maximum Power: 115 hp
- Recommended Power: 60 – 90 hp
20 ′ Willy Classic Specifications:
- LOA: 20 ‘0 0
- Beam: 6 ”10”
- Draft: 5 ”- 6”
- Weight (Appx Dry): 1,100 lbs
- Fuel: 37 Gallons
- Maximum Power: 160 hp
- Recommended Power: 90 – 115 hp
Do you love vintage skiffs? Check out this gorgeous, vintage 1967 Willy Skiff we discovered awhile back. Click here.